Photo Assistant, Digital Tech
People, Portrait, Location Scout, Fashion, Beauty, Prod. Assistant, Transportation, International Exp.
Professional with over 10 years of experience as a freelancer has enabled me to develop not only my photography assistant/digital capture skills using different styles and techniques, and for different commercial or artistic purposes; it has also developed my ability to quickly absorb a brief, adapt to varying work conditions and personality types, work quickly and efficiently, and deliver high quality photographs and lighting techniques within tight time frames.
I have assisted photographers on fashion shoots to catalog and studio portraits, for magazines, clothing boutiques and department store marketing material and personal use. I have solid
technical skills using both digital and traditional SLRs, Phase One and Capture One Pro 9 and am confident using a range of lighting techniques to produce different effects. I am adept with Photoshop as well as Aperture,Lightroom and have experience uploading photographs into company databases and archives.
Skills: Phase One | Capture One | Adobe Photoshop | Adobe Premiere | Location lighting | Location scouting | Adobe Lightroom | Canon photo and video | Mac operating systems | Adobe Bridge | Profoto lighting system | Wordpress | Location Scouting | Casting | Travel Logistics |
References as assistant / Career
Parsons The New School of Design • Fashion Marketing • Associate's of Applied Science • 2021
Università Bocconi • Managing Fashion & Luxury Companies • 2014
Duke University • Advertising and Society • 2014
University of Pennsylvania • An Introduction to Marketing • 2013
Key Qualifications/Highlights of Professional Experience
* Substantial experience of organizing fashion photo shoots and providing fashion-related photographs
* In-depth knowledge of digital photography techniques, photo editing, color enhancement, contrast correction and digital asset management
* Extensive knowledge of fashion industry practices, photojournalism practices and studio lighting techniques
* Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom and digital cameras
* Ability to plan and execute in-studio and outside location shoots, in various weather
Chronology of Professional Experience
Grayson Hoffman Photography - Miami, FL Sept. 2015 – Present
Fashion Photography Assistant
Photographer – Grayson Hoffman
Website – www.graysonhoffmanphotography.com
* Directed set up, arrangement and clearing up of lighting fixtures, props, and other equipments used for photo shoots.
* Scouted, directed, managed and photographed models for various fashion shoots.
* Secured, maintained and utilized all assigned studio equipments and photographic instruments.
* Maintained positive relationships with art directors, fashion stylists, fashion editors and support staff.
First Option Productions/ Quelle Clothing – Miami, FL April 2002 – Aug. 2010
Fashion Photography Producer
Photographer – Rita Kohmann
Website – www.rita-kohmann.de
* Determined and fixed camera angles, lighting systems, set props and merchandize.
* Directed and worked with hairstylist, makeup artist, wardrobe stylist and assistants.
* Performed post-production editing and enhancement of photos, by using Adobe Creative Suite.
* Produced fashion, catalog and editorial photo shoots which incorporated model casting, acquiring stylist teams, equipment rentals, hotel and ground transportation, location and studio scouting, permits, itineraries, and project budgeting